This Ham with Sweet Potatoes Recipe is the easiest and tastiest recipes i have ever found and not having to wash any pots or pans was a big plus. Serve with a vegetable or side salad and rolls and you will have a complete, satisfying meal. I will definitely be making this recipe at least twice a month.
Ingredients of Ham with Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 ham steaks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
How to Cook Ham with Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or about 175 degrees C).
- Tear off two large sheets of aluminum foil. Place one ham slice onto each piece of foil, and sprinkle brown sugar on both sides. Spread a little bit of the crushed pineapple over the ham, then top with sweet potatoes. Sprinkle a little bit more brown sugar and pineapple over the sweet potatoes. Close the aluminum foil tightly around the ham, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and carefully open the packets. Sprinkle miniature marshmallows over the top, and return to the oven with the foil open. Bake for another 10 minutes. If you want the marshmallows really toasty, you could brown them under the broiler for a couple of minutes. You will end up with a sweet, juicy ham dish and very few dishes to wash.