Simple Easy Stew Beef Recipes need 1 hour and 50 minute to cook and 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients.
Ingredients of Simple Easy Stew Beef Recipes
- three pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into a half inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- one large onion, chopped
- two cups a half inch pieces peeled carrots
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds well-marbled chuck beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces (not extra-lean)
- 1 cup of fine red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 or 3 bay leaves
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to make Simple Easy Stew Beef Recipes
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Salt the beef pieces lightly . Add the beef (do not crowd the pan, or the meat will steam and not brown) and cook, without stirring, until nicely browned on one side, then use tongs to turn the pieces over. Continue to cook in this way until all sides are browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute one minute. Add red wine, tomato paste, beef stock, sugar, thyme, bay leaves, and Worcestershire sauce . Stir to combine. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and boil one hour, mixing occasionally.
- While the meat and stock is boiling, melt butter in another large pot over medium heat. Add onion, potatoes, and carrots. Saute vegetables until golden, about 20 minutes. Set aside until the beef stew in step one has simmered for one hour.
- Add vegetables to beef stew. Simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Tilt pan and spoon off fat. Transfer stew to serving bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. (Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving.)
That is the Simple Easy Stew Beef Recipes, have to try. Delicious and tasty stew beef recipes.You may also like other recipes: