Do you know what is muffins anyway? According to Wikipedia, a muffin is an American English name for a type of quick bread that is baked in small portions. Many forms are somewhat like small cakes or cupcakes in shape, although they usually are not as sweet as cupcakes and generally lack frosting. They may be filled with sweet fillings, such as chocolate, toffee, lemons, or blueberries. Savory varieties, such as cornbread muffins or cheese muffins or sometimes just plain muffins, also exist.
Ingredients of Lemon Strawberry Muffins:
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (you can change with other fruits such as blueberries)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 zested and juiced lemon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
How to make Lemon Strawberry Muffins:
- Heat up oven to 190 degrees Celsius or about 375 degrees F. Place a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, lightly beat together the milk, oil, egg, and lemon juice. In a separate bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, lemon zest,baking powder, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, white sugar, and salt. Mix strawberries into the flour mixture. Mix in the oil mixture just until moist. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let to cool 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.