This fluffy pancakes with baking powder recipes is a really quick, delicious and nutritious breakfast for your kids.This is a great and healthy alternative to regular pancakes.
Ingredients of fluffy pancakes with baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
How to make fluffy pancakes with baking powder:
- In a large bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, and baking powder. Make a well in the center, and stir in the egg yolks, applesauce and milk until fairly smooth. If the batter seems too thick, stir in more milk. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer to soft peaks. Fold egg whites into the batter, just until blended.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop large spoonfuls of batter onto the hot pan, and fry until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until browned on the other side. Continue with remaining batter.
You may also like other recipes: