This whole grain pancakes with oat and milk is a wonderful starter recipe.These are the best whole grain pancakes I’ve made/eaten. This pancake recipes is easy, satisfying, and full of whole grain goodness.You can also add any chopped fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips could be added to the batter. You have to try this whole grain pancakes recipes.
Ingredients of whole grain pancakes:
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (like: Splenda )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons water
How to make whole grain pancakes:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour,whole wheat flour, oats, cornmeal, sweetener, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk and water. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix just until moistened.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake onto the skillet. Cook until bubbles begin to form in the center, then flip and cook until browned on the other side.