This pasta with spinach pesto sauce and fresh mushrooms is healthy and very tasty. I would cut the amount of pasta down next time to have more sauce.This pasta recipes is a very healthy alternative to pesto (spinach is so good for you).
Ingredients of pasta with spinach pesto sauce and fresh mushrooms recipes:
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 16 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 6 ounces low-fat, firm silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
How to cook pasta with spinach pesto sauce and fresh mushrooms:
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in food processor or blender, combine spinach, tofu, lemon juice, garlic, broth, cheese, pepper, and Italian seasoning, process until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a large non-stick saute pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, cook onions and mushrooms until tender. Reduce heat to low, add pesto mixture and heat until hot.
- Toss pasta with sauce and bacon bits. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired. NOTE: If sauce seems too thick, thin to desired consistency with pasta cooking water or broth.