To make cilantro pesto with cayenne pepper is easy and also quick, we need only 15 minutes to make this cilantro pesto recipes.You can substitute the vinegar with lime juice, lemon juice or Italian salad dressing.I used this recipe to create a quick and easy appetizer.A very good alternative to basil based pestos.
Ingredients of cilantro pesto with cayenne pepper:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt to taste
How to make cilantro pesto with cayenne pepper:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and return water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain well.
- In an electric food processor or blender, blend cilantro, vinegar, Parmesan cheese,garlic, cayenne pepper,salt and nuts. Add 1/4 cup of the olive oil, and mix the pesto. Add more olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour pesto in a small saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring constantly, until pesto begins to simmer. Pour over cooked pasta and toss.