Today on 20 March 2013, we found 2 easy and also quick pesto pasta recipe. The first we called Savory Creamy chicken pesto pasta. This is the best savory pesto pasta recipe that we have tried at home. So here is the ingredients. You can add avocado and broccoli and also use gluten free pasta, which works just as well. You can finish this delicious pesto pasta recipe with only maximum 15 minutes. Really quick, isn’t it?
Ingredients of Savory Creamy chicken pesto pasta recipe
- About 350 gram dried penne pasta
- Thinly sliced green onions and crusty bread, to serve
- One third cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- A half cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 and ahalf cups skinless shredded roast chicken (see related recipe)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- A half cup basil pesto
- 300 ml light cream
How to make easy creamy chicken pesto pasta:
- First, Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling, with salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving a quarter cup liquid.
- Then return pasta to pan over medium-low heat. Add and mix reserved liquid, onion, cream, pesto, tomato and chicken. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Distribute between bowls. You can add the topping with parmesan and onion. And it is better to serve with bread. Yummy pesto pasta recipe and it is done.
The second pesto pasta recipe we called Vegetarian Broccoli pesto pasta. This is a healthy dish for you.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Broccoli Pesto Pasta:
- 3 tbsp Parmesan (or you can use vegetarian alternative), grated
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300 g penne , farfalle or conchiglie pasta
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- A half tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 large lemon
- 1 garlic clove , peeled
- 250 g broccoli , cut into florets
How to cook Vegetarian Broccoli Pesto Pasta:
- First, Pour the pasta into a large pan of boiling salted water and cook according to pack instructions. Temporarily, bring a smaller pan of salted water to the boil, add the broccoli and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and return it to the pan. Lightly mash the broccoli with a potato masher or fork. Finely grate the garlic and zest the lemon, then join into the broccoli with the pine nuts and chilli flakes. Cut the lemon in half and keep for later.
- Now, Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Stir in the broccoli pesto and squeeze over the juice of 1⁄2 lemon. Pour in the olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Serve in the grated Parmesan, mix the pasta well and serve.
Really savory and healthy dish to bring to a summer barbeque or buffet party. I mashed the broccoli through a colander to break it apart a little more, and it worked really well. You can also add a little lime juice, and a little coconut milk to give it a more obvious thai flavour. I’ll definitely make this easy and healthy pesto pasta recipe again.You may also like other recipes: