Do you know what is snap peas anyway? According to Wikipedia, Snap peas also known as sugar snap peas, are a cultivar group of edible-podded peas that differ from snow peas in that their pods are round as opposed to flat. The name mangetout (French for “eat all”) can apply both to snap peas and snow peas.
Ingredients of Sugar Snap Peas with olive oil:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
How to cook Sugar Snap Peas with olive oil:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread sugar snap peas in a single layer on a medium baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with shallots, thyme, and kosher salt.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender but firm.