To make cholay curried chickpeas with garbanzo beans is easy and also quick, we need only 25 minutes to make this curried chickpeas recipes.This cholay curried chickpeas is so delicious and also nutritious dinner for our family.
Ingredients of cholay curried chickpeas with garbanzo beans:
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- 1 tea bag
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garam masala (optional)
How to make cholay curried chickpeas with garbanzo beans:
- Put the 2 cups water, bay leaf and tea bag into a pot, and bring water to a boil. Reserving about 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, stir the beans into the boiling water. When beans are heated through, discard the tea bag and bay leaf. Remove from heat. Drain the beans, reserving water, and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the sliced onion until tender. Remove from heat, cool, and mix in the reserved garbanzo beans, 1/2 the cilantro leaves and 1 tomato. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Blend in the coriander, cumin seeds, ginger, and garlic. Cook and stir for 15 to 20 seconds, until lightly browned. Blend in the turmeric. Stir the chopped onion into the skillet, and cook until tender. Blend in the remaining tomatoes. Flavor with salt, cayenne pepper, and garam masala. Bring the tomato liquid to a boil, and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in the boiled garbanzo beans, sliced onion mixture, and enough of the reserved water to attain a thick, gravy-like consistency. Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes. Garnish with the remaining cilantro leaves to serve.