To make banana whoopie pie is easy and also quick.You can use a small cookie scoop instead of piping the cakes and they came out great. These golden-edged banana cookies stuffed with cream cheese frosting unite two favorites, whoopie pie and moist banana cake, in an immensely satisfying revival.This banana whoopie pie is really delicious. The children loved them. I halved the frosting recipe. It was plenty. They are definitely a piece of Heaven.You have to try this recipes. Do know what is whoopie pie anyway? According to Wikipedia, The whoopie pie (alternatively called a black moon, gob, black-and-white, bob, or “BFO” for Big Fat Oreo) is an American baked good that may be considered either a cookie, pie, or cake. It is made of two round mound-shaped pieces of chocolate cake, or sometimes pumpkin or gingerbread cake, with a sweet, creamy filling or frosting sandwiched between them.
Ingredients of banana whoopie pie:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (from 1 large ripe banana)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
How to make banana whoopie pie with cream and vanilla:
- Heat up the oven to 350 degrees. Put 2 baking sheets with parchment. Sift flour, baking soda,baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Combine banana and sour cream in another bowl.
- Beat butter and granulated and brown sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed, until pale and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, beating until incorporated. Add banana mixture in 2 additions, alternating with flour mixture.
- Move the batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch plain tip. Pipe batter into 1 1/4-inch rounds on baking sheets, spacing rounds 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until edges are golden, about 12 minutes. Slide parchment, with cookies, onto wire racks. Let cool. (Unfilled cookies can be stored for up to 1 day.)
- Beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla with a mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto the flat sides of half the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, and serve immediately.
That is easy, isn’t it. Delicious and moist banana whoopie pie recipes.