Vanilla Milk Rice Pudding is served cold with summer berries, but it could be served warm in the cooler months with poached winter fruits.
Ingredients of Vanilla Milk Rice Pudding:
- 400g mixed fresh or frozen berries
- 220g short-grain rice, such as arborio (Note:In Spain, rice pudding is traditionally made with calasparra rice)
- 3/4 cup (or about 165g) granulated sugar
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.75 litres milk
How to make Vanilla Milk Rice Pudding:
- Place vanilla, milk, lemon rind,sugar and cinnamon in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat, stirring to prevent milk solids from catching on the bottom.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 40 to 50 minutes or until rice is cooked and thickened slightly. The mixture will still be quite wet at this period.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, then take into refrigerator for about 3 hours or until cooled. To serve, divide rice pudding among bowls then top with berries.
You may also like other recipes: