Have you ever cooked fluffy tasty quinoa anyway? To cook fluffy tasty quinoa is easy and quick . We just need 20 minutes
- 2 cups liquid, such as broth or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety — white or golden, red, or black)
- Olive oil (optional)
- 2-quart saucepan with lid
- Fine mesh strainer
How to cook easy and quick fluffy tasty quinoa
1. First you need to measure quinoa and liquid. Measure out 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups liquid.
2. Wash,the quinoa. Put the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer, and wash thoroughly with cool water. Rub and swish the quinoa with your hand while rinsing, and rinse for at least 2 minutes under the running water. Drain.
Why rinse quinoa? Rinsing removes quinoa’s natural coating, called saponin, which can make it taste bitter or soapy. Although boxed quinoa is often pre-rinsed, it doesn’t hurt to give the seeds an additional rinse at home. Some cookbooks suggest soaking the quinoa but, in our experience, this is unnecessary.
3. wipe and grill quinoa in saucepan. Warm a drizzle of olive oil in the saucepan over medium-high heat, and add the drained quinoa. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, letting the water yawn.
4. Add liquid and bring to a boil. Mix in the liquid and the salt (if using) and bring to a rolling boil.
5. Reduce heat and cook covered for 15 minutes. Turn heat down to the lowest setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the burner. Let stand for 5 minutes, covered.
7. Fluff and eat! After 5 minutes, remove the lid, fluff the quinoa gently with a fork, and serve. (You should see tiny spirals (the germ) separating from and curling around the quinoa seeds.)
One of my favorites and very easy to make. I rarely measure and I’m not Julia Child, so it’s easy to make. It’s easy and very healthy, but honestly, I think it tastes like cardboard. my boyfriend and i recently discovered Quinoa and we love it
it is super easy and also super healthy