Lentil rice with zucchini is really tasty. We use red lentils and it is very healthy because this recipe is vegan recipes.
Ingredients of Lentil rice with zucchini recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
How to cook lentil rice with zucchini:
- Place the rice and 1 cup water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes. Place lentils in a pot with the remaining 1 1/2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and stir in the onion and garlic. Mix in tomato, celery, carrots, zucchini, and 1/2 the tomato sauce. Season with 1/2 the basil, 1/2 the oregano, 1/2 the cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- In a casserole dish, mix the rice, lentils, and vegetables. Top with remaining tomato sauce, and sprinkle with remaining basil, oregano, and cumin.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.
You may also like other recipes: