This shrimp jambalaya with brown rice and paprika recipe is so easy and delicious.Jambalaya is a louisiana Creole dish of Spanish and French influence.To cook shrimp jambalaya with brown rice and paprika,we need 1 hour of cooking time.This shrimp jambalaya recipes is really tasty which i ever found.
Ingredients of shrimp jambalaya with brown rice and paprika:
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
How to cook shrimp jambalaya with brown rice and paprika:
- Put butter and sausage in a large stockpot over medium heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes until sausage begins to brown.
- Stir in cayenne, cumin and paprika; cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in celery, green pepper,tomatoes, onions, salt, and bay leaf.
- Add brown rice and stir to combine. Stir in chicken stock and turn heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes, or until the rice is just tender.
- Stir in shrimp, replace lid and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with green onion.