Apple roast duck is rubbed with light seasoning and stuffed with apples, celery and onion. I tried this recipe for Christmas dinner.
Ingredients of apple roast duck:
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cups peeled, cored and chopped apple
- 3 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4 pound) whole duck
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
How to cook apple roast duck:
- Rinse duck and pat dry; rub with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and celery in butter until tender. In a medium bowl, combine with cornbread crumbs and apple . Blend together to make dressing (if necessary, add a little water to moisten).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or about 175 degrees C).
- Fill the duck’s cavity with dressing, and sew shut with kitchen twine. Rub outside of bird lightly with olive oil, and place in a shallow roasting pan or 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 80 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C.)
You may also like other recipes: