Today we have found how to make easy tasty Bolognese Heavy Sauce Recipe. This is an tasty heavy pasta sauce with beef, pork, lots of vegetables and tons of flavor. You can freeze any unused portions for later use. If you like fresh herbs, you may substitute 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil for the dried basil in this Bolognese sauce recipe. To cook this bolognese heavy sauce you need 1 hour time to cook. It makes wonderful flavor. This is really good spaghetti sauce too. Bolognese sauce has sort of become the generic name for a meat and tomato sauce on this side of the ocean. Tasting it in Italy reveals a surprisingly different experience: my first encounter with an authentic Bolognese sauce was in Modena.
Ingredients of Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 pound pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- a half teaspoon dried oregano
- a half teaspoon dried basil
- a half cup chicken stock
- a half cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 ( about 28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- A half pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- A half pound ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cut into a half inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to make Bolognese Sauce:
- First, In a large skillet, warm oil over medium heat and saute bacon, onion and garlic until bacon is browned and crisp; set aside.
- In large saucepan, brown beef and pork. Drain off excess fat. Stir in bacon mixture, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, tomato sauce, wine, oregano, salt, stock, basil, and pepper to saucepan. Cover, decrease heat and simmer one hour, stirring sometimes.
- Take a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Now you can serve sauce over hot pasta.