To cook Butternut Corn Soup is simple and also tasty.I really enjoyed it though instead of adding yoghurt and nutmeg I just added a bit of fresh milk to the butternut and corn mix. You can use milk instead of the yogurt and it was still very nice.
Ingredients of Butternut Corn Soup for Breakfast Recipe
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
How to cook Butternut Corn Soup for Breakfast:
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the garlic and onion in the oil until soft and translucent. Add the butternut squash and corn and cook for 3 more minutes. Pour the stock into the Dutch oven and bring to a boil; season with basil and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the Dutch oven from the heat and using a hand blender, or working in batches with a counter top blender, process the soup until smooth. Stir in the yogurt and nutmeg.