To cook tasty kale and potato soup with olive oil, we need about 1 hour of cooking time.Kale and potato soup is delicious. I’m sure this is a hearty and healthy soup.
Ingredients of tasty kale and potato soup:
- 3 potatoes, halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups finely chopped kale leaves (Kale or borecole is a form of cabbage, green or purple, in which the central leaves do not form a head)
- 1 small red chile pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
How to cook tasty kale and potato soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir the onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the carrot and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in the chicken broth, water, and white wine; stir in the potatoes, rosemary, sage, and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add the cannelini beans, kale, chile pepper, and black pepper, and simmer, covered, for 30 more minutes.
You may also like other recipes: