Ingredients of easy baked potato soup:
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (you can use turkey bacon if you prefer)
- 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- half cup light sour cream
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 1% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
- 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
How to make easy baked potato soup:
- Take the potatoes, microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 – 5 minutes, until tender. Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Drain and return to pot. On medium heat, add milk,chicken broth, potatoes and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add half the chives, sour cream, pepper, salt and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives, and bacon.
You may also like other recipes: