lima bean soup mix is a tasty, low-calorie vegan soup that I will definitely make again. I’m a soupaholic, and this is one of my favorites.So inexpensive to make and so very tasty.
Ingredients of tasty lima bean soup mix:
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound dry lima beans
- 4 cups water
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, bulb only, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
How to make tasty lima bean soup mix:
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add dry lima beans, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow the beans to sit, covered, for 1 to 2 hours to soften. Drain and rinse until water runs clear, discarding bean water.
- In a soup pot, saute vegetables in olive oil until onions and celery are translucent. Add lima beans, and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the vegetable bouillon to the boiling water, and stir until dissolved. Add broth to the sauteed vegetables and beans. Add remaining water, and allow soup to simmer over a low flame for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve steaming hot.
You may also like other recipes: