This vegan red lentil soup with butternut squash is the best soup I’ve tried.I loved this soup. This vegan red lentil soup is so easy and delicious.You can use sweet potato, instead of butternut squash.
Ingredients of vegan red lentil soup recipes:
- 1/2 (or about 14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1 cup butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups water
How to make vegan red lentil soup with butternut squash:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and cook the onion, ginger, garlic, and fenugreek until onion is tender.
- Mix the lentils, squash, and cilantro into the pot. Stir in the water, coconut milk, and tomato paste. Season with curry powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, or until lentils and squash are tender.