Ginger is the natural healing of one’s body because Ginger’s ability to combat a variety of diseases and conditions is due in part to its impact on extreme inflammation, which is the main cause of many illnesses. If Ginger combined with chicken soup, this recipe has the potential to make you feel healthier and it tastes great too. To cook this recipe, we need 20 minutes.
Ingredients of Low Fat Ginger Chicken Soup Recipe
- 100g fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh ginger
- 1 Liter or 4 cups water
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, diagonally thinly sliced, to serve
- 2 cans or 410g chicken consomme (you can use Campbell’s brand)
- 1 tray or 125g baby corn
- 2 single chicken breast fillets (about 360g), halved lengthways
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets (about 160g)
How to make Low Fat Ginger Chicken Soup Recipe
- Mix the chicken consomme and water in a large saucepan, and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add the sliced ginger and chicken, and simmer, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside to cool for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, use your fingers to shred the chicken into small pieces.
- Filter the broth through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Remove the ginger. Bring the broth to the boil over high heat. Add baby corn, the chicken, and lasagne sheet pieces . Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until corn is just tender. Stir through the shredded ginger. Taste and season with pepper.
- Ladle the broth into serving bowls and sprinkle with the green shallots.