Ingredients of Simple spaghetti recipes with olive oil:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, plus more if desired
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
How to make Simple spaghetti recipes with olive oil:
- In a large pan, boil 6 quarts of salted water. Add pasta and cook about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain pasta in a colander, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. The reserved pasta water can create the sauce. Do not rinse pasta with water, you want to keep the pasta’s natural starches so that the sauce will stick.
- In a large saute pan, preheat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until light brown and also fragrant. It is important not too burn the garlic otherwise it will become bitter. Remove and discard the browned garlic. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for about 1 minute. Add the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Take the spaghetti into the pan and mix well for about 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat and add with fresh herbs at the top.
You may also like other recipes: