Baking sweet potatoes in the oven is my family secret method for cooking soft, and yummy sweet potatoes. Since I rarely eat them right out of the oven and I peel the skin, I’ve starting cooking them in the microwave instead. Utilizing the microwave, I can cook the sweet potatoes in a fraction of the time and there’s no risk of me burning down the house. Win win solution. The various types of sweet potatoes cook at various times – the yellow and orange ones are wetter and cook in about 10 minutes whereas the drier purple ones can take up to 20 minutes.
How to cook a sweet potato fast in the microwave with easy and simple step:
- For all types of sweet potatoes, my method is the same. I wash and dry similarly-sized sweet potatoes and then stab them all over with a sharp paring knife. Then i arrange them in a circle in a Pyrex dish.
- I cover the sweet potatoes with a damp paper towel and nuke them on high for 5 minutes. (If you’re just making one yam, it only takes about 5 minutes.) Then, I rotate the sweet potatoes and nuke them for another 5 minutes. I keep monitoring and nuking the sweet potatoes until they are soft to the touch.
- Orange and yellow sweet potatoes are commonly done after a total of 10 minutes. For the purple sweet potatoes, I always need to nuke them for a total of 20 minutes and I rewet the paper towel halfway through the cooking process.
- Don’t be lazy and zap the spuds for a total of 10-20 minutes right off the bat – you’ll end up with unevenly cooked sweet potatoes. Break up the cooking time in 5 minutes intervals and then shorter intervals (e.g. 1-2 minutes) as the spuds soften. Once they’re finished, I let them cool to room temperature, peel the sweet potatoes.
That is the easy way How to cook a sweet potato fast in the microwave with easy and simple step. You can also make baked sweet potatoes as well. Here is our second recipes to bake sweet potatoes. Baking sweet potatoes in your oven is a simple but delicious method to prepare them. Here’s how to do it:
- Rinse the sweet potatoes thoroughly with a brush, then pat dry.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Put each baked sweet potato inside a kitchen towel. Gently roll to soften the flesh.
- Slice an X in the top of each sweet potato and press on the skin to push the flesh upward.
- Serve with butter, brown sugar, and/or cinnamon.
To prepare baked sweet potatoes in your microwave: Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning the potatoes once
You can also tried sweet potato fries which is loaded full of vitamins A and C — are a more nutritious choice to regular deep-fried french fries. Here’s how to make perfect oven fries:
How to make Sweet Potato Oven Fries?
- Choose a sharp thin-blade knife to cut sweet potatoes into 1/4- or 1/2-inch strips (peel the potatoes if you like, or leave the skins on).
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and desired seasoning.
- Organize sweet potatoes on a baking pan. Be sure your baking pan is large enough to bake the sweet potato wedges in a single layer so they brown evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once, until tender.
Tip: Cut each fry to an even thickness. Because sweet potatoes contain more sugar than regular potatoes, they tend to burn easily and cook unevenly if cut too thin.You may also like other recipes: