Have you ever make easy and quick Southwestern Turkey Soup anyway? To cook Southwestern Turkey Soup is easy and quick. This recipes is our family secret favorite recipes for thanksgiving. We just need 30 minutes to cook but you need to prepare all the ingredients, it takes 10 minutes of time for preparation. So what is the the ingredients of this turkey soup anyway?
Ingredients of Southwestern Turkey Soup
- You need 1 and a half cups shredded cooked turkey
- ahalf teaspoon dried cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 (or about 28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (or about 4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- ahalf teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ahalf teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (this is optional)
How to make easy and quick Southwestern Turkey Soup?
1. First, you need a large pot to put your turkey. In a large pot over medium heat, you can mix together the turkey, broth,green chiles, canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes,garlic, onion, and lime juice. Then you can season use cumin, salt,cayenne, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then you can reduce heat, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
2. The second step is : Stir in cilantro and avocado,then simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until somewhat thickened. Ladle into serving bowls, and you can also add some top with shredded cheese.
Just want to said that this is the best easy turkey recipes soup we we ever tried! My family loved it. You can add half a can of pinto beans(rinsed) and half a can of corn(rinsed) for that authentic southwestern taste. You topped with jack and fresh cilantro and extra sharp cheddar. Also if you had some french bread for Dipping. (My five year old daughter loved doing that) Or you can give extra ingredients with crispy tortilla strips. (that is how my husband really likes it. We Also remember to keep stirring this as some of the solids may stick to the bottom. Good recipe to thanksgiving turkey recipes.You may also like other recipes: