To make spicy dill pickles with fresh dill weed is easy and also quick.Crisp, spicy, with a sweet or sour balanced flavor. This spicy dill pickles recipes is so yummy, you have to try this recipes. This is the best refrigerator dill pickles recipe i’ve ever made.
Ingredients of dill pickles recipe with fresh dill weed:
- 4 sprigs fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dill seed
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 3/4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 12 3 to 4 inch long pickling cucumbers
How to make spicy dill pickles recipe with fresh dill weed:
- In a large bowl, mix the water, vinegar,cucumbers, chopped dill, sugar, garlic, salt, pickling spice, dill seed, and red pepper flakes. Stir, and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Remove the cucumbers to three 1 1/2 pint wide mouth jars, placing 4 cucumbers into each jar. Ladle in the liquid from the bowl to cover. Place a sprig of fresh dill into each jar, and seal with lids. Refrigerate for 10 days before eating. Use within 1 month.